Surgery Process Guide to Arm Lift Surgery (Brachioplasty)
Claim Compensation for Arm Lift Negligence
Arm lift surgery or brachioplasty is a cosmetic surgical procedure to remove fatty tissue and excess skin or ‘bingo wings’ from a patient’s upper arm. During a brachioplasty, the underside of the upper arm is reshaped to get rid of the loose skin and fat causing the upper arm skin to sag with the reshaping extending from the patient’s armpit to the elbow.
Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors
As the first legal practice in England and Wales established for victims of negligent cosmetic surgery, we want to help if a bad brachioplasty happens to you because of an incompetent cosmetic surgeon or clinic. When an arm lift surgery goes wrong, the patient can be devastated.
Remember, Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors have succeeded in over 95% of all cosmetic surgery claims cases pursued after obtaining medical evidence and successfully recovered over £2.5 million in plastic surgery compensation for our clients.
So call Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors today on 0800 634 0285 or request a call back from one of our expert Cosmetic Claims team to start your claim to the sort of compensation you deserve for negligent arm lift surgery.
What does the Arm Lift Surgery Procedure Involve?
The time required for an arm lift surgery depends very much on the size of the incision made, how much upper arm skin and fat has to be removed and where the loose skin is located. Normally however, a brachioplasty takes less than two hours to perform. If your arm lift surgery has been performed correctly, the brachioplasty should proceed as follows:
- An area of excess skin is marked on the patient’s arm. The surgeon will then make an incision in the inner part of the arm or on the back of the arm. This surgical cut is made in a curved or zigzagged manner to aid healing by enabling the scars to come together as fast as possible. In the most severe cases, the surgeon will need to make an incision that extends all the way from the elbow to the armpit (axilla), but most patients do not require such an extensive incision.
- The loose fat and skin is removed from the arm but some fat is left to cover and protect the nerves and arteries. Liposuction, involving the insertion of a cannula or thin tube may also be used to help remove additional fatty deposits. The underlying muscle is tightened with stitches to achieve the desired arm effect. The wound may also be drained to help prevent any fluid build-up.
- Immediately after the brachioplasty surgery is finished, the area operated on is dressed with compression garments to help with the healing process. Depending upon the extent of the surgery, the stitches may be removed one to three weeks later. Brachioplasty patients commonly stay in hospital for one to two days after the arm lift surgery is completed.
Was your brachioplasty procedure performed as in the process outlined above?
If not, you may be entitled to financial compensation deserved for the suffering you’ve had to endure. Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors know exactly what to look for when it comes to negligent arm lift surgery so speak to us today on 0800 634 0285 or request a call back from our specialist legal team to discuss the next steps in making a brachioplasty negligence claim.
Be Compensated for Brachioplasty Negligence
If you’ve been a victim of arm lift surgery going wrong, then you deserve to be compensated for your pain and distress. Contact Michael Saul, Head of Cosmetic Claims at Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors today by following these simple steps:
- Speak to our dedicated brachioplasty claims team on 0800 634 0285
- Request a call back when it suits your schedule
- Tell us how your arm lift surgery went wrong and let our experienced legal team identify your options
- Our expert cosmetic medical negligence solicitors will take it from there
The Risks Associated with Arm Lift Surgery
The huge increase in the numbers of cosmetic procedures being performed in the UK has also meant an increase in negligent plastic surgery. While there are risks with any cosmetic surgery, if your bad arm lift was because your plastic surgeon made a procedural mistake, then you may be entitled to claim for financial compensation to alleviate your upset.
It is common place for patients to feel some pain and discomfort for several weeks following a brachioplasty procedure but if your arm lift surgery has gone wrong, the indicators of brachioplasty negligence can include:
- Damage to the muscles and nerves in the arm causing numbness in the arm
- Fat necrosis – the fatty deposits underneath the reconstructed skin may die.
Have you experienced any of these problems after your brachioplasty has gone wrong?
Then call our specialist arm lift surgery solicitors on 0800 634 0285 and use their expertise in brachioplasty negligence to claim the financial compensation you deserve.
The Compensation You Deserve For Your Bad Brachioplasty
Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors are the leading plastic surgery law firm in the UK and that’s for very good reasons.
We have years of experience delivering the best possible results for patients who’ve suffered cosmetic surgery negligence of all kinds including negligent arm lift surgery.
We can support you throughout the difficult and time-consuming negligence claims process so that you can receive the compensation you deserve for the suffering you’ve had to endure.
If you’ve been a victim of an arm lift surgery gone wrong, then Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors can answer any questions you have about brachioplasty negligence claims when you speak to us today on 0800 634 0285 or request a call back from Michael Saul or one of his expert arm lift negligence claims team