Hair Surgery Negligence
Legal Responsibility of Hair Transplantation Clinics and Surgeons When Hair Transplants Go Wrong
Hair transplant clinics have a legal responsibility to provide hair surgery in a reasonably competent and skilful manner for their patients.
This is especially important at a time when hair transplant surgery is becoming more popular in the UK with celebrities like TV chef Gordon Ramsay undergoing cosmetic surgery to restore hair growth and publicly promoting its benefits.
For UK men in particular, there is now a focus on combating hair loss which affects around 60 percent of men before their fortieth birthday as they turn increasingly to hair surgery. More than 95% of hair loss in men is caused by male pattern baldness.
Despite the minimally regulated nature of the hair restoration clinics in the UK, hair surgery patients have every right to expect that their operation will proceed without negligent behaviour by their hair surgeon. Sometimes however negligence does occur during hair surgery and the patient is left with no alternative but to consult specialist hair negligence solicitors with experience in claiming compensation for botched hair surgery.
To claim hair surgery compensation speak to us on 0800 634 0285 or request a call back from Michael Saul, Head of our Cosmetic Claims department.
How to Prove Hair Surgery Negligence
All medical practitioners, including cosmetic surgeons, are obliged to take all reasonable precautions to safeguard their patients’ safety while they are in their clinical care.
To bring a successful claim for cosmetic clinical negligence during hair surgery it must be proved that the surgeon was at ‘fault’ during the hair restoration procedure. If your cosmetic hair surgeon did not provide medical care that could be reasonably expected of a competent medical professional then the surgeon can be deemed to be ‘at fault’.
To prove hair surgery negligence it must also be proved that this ‘fault’ caused the emotional suffering and physical pain that the hair surgery patient is now suffering. This is called ‘avoidable harm’.
If you think you’ve suffered hair surgery negligence, then talk to Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors now on 0800 634 0285 or request a call back from our dedicated team of hair surgery claims solicitors for the best specialist advice.
The Hair Surgical Operation
Hair restoration surgery is normally performed on an outpatient basis and under local anaesthetic. The hair procedure can take up to eight hours depending on the number of hair replacement grafts that have to be made.
The patient’s scalp is first shampooed and then treated with an antibacterial agent before the hair is taken from the patient’s head for transplant.
There are two main ways in which hair grafts are extracted:
- Strip harvesting is the most common technique for removing hair follicles from a donor site on the patient’s head. The cosmetic hair surgeon carefully harvests a strip of skin from an area of good hair growth so that intact hair follicles are removed. Individual hair groups are then removed from the extracted strip, excess fibrous and fatty tissue is also excised from the hair follicles. The hair surgeon then punctures the sites for receiving the grafts using fine needles, placing the incisions in a realistic hair pattern. In the last part of the hair loss surgery, the individual grafts are inserted into the transplant area of the head. This type of follicle harvesting leaves a thin scar where the hair was taken from.
- Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE for short, removes individual follicular units containing one to four hairs. As with strip harvesting the hair surgeon uses small needles to create tiny holes for the hair grafts to be inserted. The FUE procedure is more time consuming than strip harvesting hair surgery but it doesn’t normally leave any scars.
If your hair transplant operation hasn’t met your expectations that you may have suffered hair surgery negligence. Do you think your hair surgeon may have made an error during your hair restoration procedure? If you do talk to our hair surgery compensation solicitors for specialist hair surgery negligence advice. Call us now on 0800 634 0285 so you can make a negligence claim for hair surgery gone wrong.
Don’t Delay in Making a Claim for Negligent Hair Surgery
There are legal time limits to making a cosmetic clinical negligence claim in England and Wales. You should make a cosmetic clinical compensation claim within three years of the date of a bad cosmetic procedure or 3 years of the first symptoms of a cosmetic surgery gone wrong.
If your hair surgery has gone wrong, then you should discuss the negligence during your hair operation as soon as possible with Michael Saul and his hair transplant claims team at Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors while the negligence details are still fresh in your mind. Their expertise has recovered over £2.5 million in compensation for the victims of cosmetic surgery gone wrong over the past decade.
Follow these simple steps to start your hair surgery claim for negligence now:
- Call our expert Hair Surgery Negligence Claims team on 0800 634 0285
- Let us call you back whenever it’s most suitable for you
- Detail your hair surgery gone wrong and let our experienced hair surgery negligence solicitors advise you of the possibility of hair transplant compensation
- Our specialist hair surgery lawyers will take it from there
What to Expect When Negligence Occurs During Hair Loss Surgery
If hair surgery is performed by an inexperienced or incompetent cosmetic hair surgeon and negligence occurs during the baldness treatment, the result for the hair loss patient can be distressing.
One indication of botched hair transplant surgery is inappropriate scarring from where the hair is taken.
When you suffer negligence during or after surgery to restore hair then speak to the hair surgery negligence experts at Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors. Contact our no win no fee hair surgery solicitors on 0800 634 0285 to make a hair transplant surgery claim for negligence.
Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors Are on Your Side for Negligence in Hair Surgery
When you have Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors on the case after you’ve suffered negligence during hair surgery you have the leading UK cosmetic surgery law firm on your side through the complex process of achieving a successful hair surgery compensation claim.
We deliver the best possible results for patients who’ve had the misfortune to have their hair surgery go wrong and who’ve suffered the physical and emotional pain of hair surgery negligence.
All you have to do to start your claim for negligence during or after hair surgery is to call Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors now on 0800 634 0285 or request a call back from Michael Saul or one of his ready-to-listen hair dedicated hair surgery solicitors.