Compensation for Liposution Surgery Negligence
Liposuction Fastest Growing Cosmetic Procedure in the UK
Liposuction, technically referred to as lipoplasty or liposculpture, is a cosmetic surgery procedure which removes excess fat cells from particular areas of the body. Used predominately for those areas of the body where fat deposits typically build up like the abdomen, hips, buttocks and thighs, liposuction removes small amounts of unwanted body fat when those parts of the body are particularly resistant to exercise and diet.
Most lipoplasty procedures are completed without complications and the patient may see notable improvements in their appearance. When liposuction goes wrong though, the outcome can be depressing. If you’ve received bad liposculpture because of incompetence on the part of a cosmetic surgeon or clinic, then a cosmetic surgery law firm can help you. Cosmetic medical negligence solicitors can help you claim appropriate financial compensation including reconstructive surgery and aid your physical and mental recovery from negligent liposuction.
Liposuction Fastest Growing Cosmetic Procedure in the UK
When you gain weight each fat cell increases in size and volume and liposuction attempts to reduce the number of fat cells in the targeted area. Most patients undergo lipoplasty to remove unwanted fat from areas of the body where it cannot be removed easily in an effort to improve their body shape. It is no surprise then that liposculpture is the fastest growing cosmetic surgery operation in the UK. The latest figures from the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPs) show that there was a staggering 41% rise in liposuction procedures year on year. For women having cosmetic surgery in the UK, lipoplasty was the sixth most popular procedure with over 4,000 surgeries, while liposculpture was the fourth most common cosmetic operation for men.
The establishment of Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors saw the first legal practice in England and Wales wholly dedicated to patients who’d endured cosmetic surgery negligence. Michael Saul, Partner and Head of our Cosmetic Negligence department, is the UK’s leading expert in pursuing cosmetic medical negligence claims and he and his team have recovered over £2.5 million in financial compensation for cosmetic surgery gone wrong.
The Liposuction Procedure
Liposuction is performed under either general anaesthetic or under local anaesthetic with sedation and usually takes one to two hours dependent on the treatment area and how much fat is being removed.
During a lipoplasty procedure, a small incision is made in the treatment area and the surgeon inserts a thin plastic tube or cannula under the skin to remove the fat efficiently via a powerful vacuuming device. The surgeon then sews up the remaining incisions. There are multiple liposculpture techniques and the most popular ones are:
- Tumescent liposuction is the most common form of liposuction. A saline solution with a local anaesthetic and vessel-constrictor epinephrine is injected below the skin in the area that is to be treated. The surgeon makes an incision and inserts a microcannula (small plastic tube) which is then attached to a vacuuming device. The tube moves back and forth to loosen the fat deposits and suck the fat out.
- In water jet assisted lipoplasty the surgeon injects fluid similar to the one used in tumescent liposuction and then makes a similar incision in the area to be treated. This time a pressurised steam of water is used to loosen the fat cells. They are suctioned out and any remaining liquid removed
- Laser liposuction is less invasive than the other forms of liposculpture and leaves less scarring. A fibre optic laser is built into the cannula and the beam from the laser breaks down the fat cells, liquefying them. The fat is removed by low level suction.
Liposuction treatment is very popular in the UK and for the most part is a cosmetic surgery performed without issue but liposuction litigation is now on the rise due to the substandard treatment which can be provided by inexperienced cosmetic practitioners.
At Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors we are experts in dealing with liposuction negligence claims and know exactly what indicators to look for. Read below for more information on how to start a claim with us.
How to Make a Lipoplasty Negligence Claim with Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors
Speak to Michael Saul at Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors now if you think you may have suffered from liposuction negligence. Follow these four steps to make a claim:
- Talk to our expert liposuction claims team on 0800 634 0285
- Request a call back for when you’re available
- Tell us how your liposculpture surgery went wrong and let our experienced legal team identify your options
- Our dedicated cosmetic medical negligence solicitors will do the rest
H3: What to Look for If Your Liposuction Has Gone Wrong
Patients may not be able to fully see the results of liposuction until the inflammation has gone down, which in some cases may take several months. However if you think you may be a victim of negligent liposuction, here are some of the typical difficulties associated with lipoplasty going wrong and which could indicate the occurrence of liposuction negligence:
- Poor body shape or contour deformity
- Nerve damage or numbness
- Bumpy asymmetric skin after the fat has been removed
As liposuction becomes more common, more and more people will experience these complications that are associated with bad lipoplasty. Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors has excellent knowledge and expertise in identifying cases when liposuction has gone wrong. Call our specialist liposculpture solicitors on 0800 634 0285 and lean on their experience in the field of liposuction negligence to make a lipoplasty claim for compensation.
Call Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors Today
Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors are the top UK cosmetic surgery law firm with many years experience delivering the best results for patients who’ve suffered liposuction negligence.
If you have any questions about negligent liposuction, we’re here to give you advice on what options you have and will support you through what can sometimes be a difficult process.
If you’ve been a victim of a liposuction going wrong, we can help you secure financial compensation for the distress you’ve endured because of a negligent lipoplasty.
Speak to Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors today on 0800 634 0285 or request a call back from Michael Saul or one of his experienced liposuction negligence claims team.