Male Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) Surgery
What to do if your Tummy Tuck Surgery for Men Goes Wrong and How you can Claim Compensation
A male abdominoplasty is an invasive cosmetic surgery that removes excess fat and skin from the tummy area and tightens the abdominal muscles to produce a flatter and more toned stomach. Abdominoplasty surgery for men, known more commonly as a male tummy tuck, is becoming increasingly popular due to the increasing number of men opting for bariatric or weight loss surgery and the obesity crisis sweeping through western countries.
Substantial weight gain and subsequent weight loss can lead to abnormal stretching of the abdominal muscles and skin. The abdominal wall tissue loses its elasticity and becomes lax. Stretch marks and loose skin may result from these weight fluctuations and some men turn to tummy tucks to eliminate this loose skin to give the tummy a more athletic shape. Abdominoplasty for men is often combined with other cosmetic surgeries like male breast reduction or liposuction for men.
There are unfortunately many cases of male abdominoplasty surgery going wrong due to cosmetic medical negligence. When a cosmetic surgeon exercises poor surgical technique or a cosmetic surgery clinic provides substandard care when carrying out the tummy tuck operation it can lead to a patient suffering a male abdominoplasty gone wrong.
Call on the expert help of Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors when you think you may have suffered male tummy tuck negligence. Speak to us today on 0800 634 0285 or request a call back from one of our dedicated abdominoplasty negligence solicitors to start your claim for tummy tuck compensation.
Ask the Male Abdominoplasty Negligence Experts
If you have been the victim of medical negligence during or after a male abdominoplasty, you need the leading UK plastic surgery law firm and that’s Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors.
Established as a specialist legal practice of cosmetic surgery lawyers over ten years ago, we have given expert claims advice for the hundreds of clients who have come to us when they have suffered cosmetic surgery negligence including male tummy tucks.
With that decade’s experience of cases where tummy tuck surgery for men has gone wrong, we understand the emotional and physical distress that abdominoplasty negligence can cause to male patients. And we are always there as your support for the entire duration of the process of making a tummy tuck claim.
As a cosmetic medical negligence law firm we have succeeded in over 95% of all clinical negligence claims cases that we have pursued after obtaining medical evidence. That has meant that the victims of botched cosmetic surgeries like male tummy tucks gone wrong, have been awarded over £2.5 million in compensation in the last ten years.
Speak to the male abdominoplasty negligence experts at Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors. If you want to make a claim for compensation when a male tummy tuck has gone wrong, call us now on 0800 634 0285.
Tummy Tuck for Men
During male tummy tuck surgery the muscle is tightened and excess skin cut away to leave a firmer and flatter tummy. An abdominoplasty for men is usually performed under general anaesthesia and requires at a few days in a hospital for the male cosmetic surgery patient.
There are two main types of tummy tuck procedures for men:
- A standard male abdominoplasty begins with a horizontal incision along the abdomen within or above the pubic area. The length of the incision depends on the amount of skin to be removed.The abdominoplasty procedure for men then removes large amounts of abdominal fat and skin below the belly button which reshapes the tummy area. The cosmetic surgeon pulls down the excess abdominal skin and removes it at the same time as the underlying fat. After the belly button is repositioned, the plastic surgeon tightens the muscles and the skin is then carefully re-draped before the incision is closed with sutures.
- A partial or mini abdominoplasty for men is sometimes undergone by patients whose excess fat is below the belly button and who thus require a shorter surgical incision. The belly button is not moved during this type of male cosmetic surgery and it follows the same general technique as a full tummy tuck for men. A partial male abdominoplasty is sometimes performed using an endoscope or a camera attached to a metal tube.
If you have been the victim of medical negligence during or after a male abdominoplasty, then you should call Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors for expert advice on how to make a successful claim. Speak to our experienced tummy tuck lawyers today on 0800 634 0285 to begin the tummy tuck surgery compensation process.
Cosmetic Male Abdominoplasty Surgery and Medical Negligence
While the abdominoplasty procedure for a man takes a few hours, a hospital stay of a few days is usually standard. Having undergone a male tummy tuck, the patient will experience swelling in the abdominal area for up to ten days while returning to work within three weeks. Although men can start normal exercise patterns after a month to six weeks, the final results of a tummy tuck may not be apparent for some time after that.
If the male tummy tuck procedure has not gone as expected however you may suffer the following indications of a botched abdominoplasty:
- the umbilicus being incorrectly positioned
- Inappropriate scarring
- Skin contour deformity in the treatment area due to insufficient removal of excess tissue
- Puckering of the skin around the abdominal scar line
When you have suffered disfigurement or pain and suffering following tummy tuck surgery for men, then you may well be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering. Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors can help you deal with the negligence arising from your male abdominoplasty. Speak to us today on 0800 634 0285 to begin the tummy tuck surgery claims process.
Why you should Claim for Male Tummy Tuck Compensation
When your tummy tuck surgery goes wrong, you should contact Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors to find out if you’re eligible to make a claim for abdominoplasty compensation. All you have to do is:
- Talk to our dedicated male tummy tuck compensation solicitors on 0800 634 0285
- Ask for a call back at a time that suits better with one of our no win no fee tummy tuck claims team of lawyers
- Tell us how your abdominoplasty for men went wrong
- Our experienced solicitors can provide expert claims advice as they have dealt with many cases where male tummy tuck negligence has occurred.
Speak to Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors today on 0800 634 0285 or request a call back to start your claim for tummy tuck compensation.