As the popularity of cosmetic procedures continues to rise, so too do the number of complaints and the volume of incidents involving risky practices and untrained or inexperienced practitioners.
To further complicate matters, there is a lack of clarity stemming from the aesthetic industry about what procedures within it are subject to regulation. As such, many patients are unclear, or unaware, as to their legal standing in the eventuality that something does goes wrong.
To help, we have created a report: ‘Cosmetic surgery: knowing your rights if something goes wrong’. In this report we will:
- Break down the current guidelines for cosmetic surgery
- Explain what is, and what is not, regulated within the industry
- Decipher what regulation means for patients
- Lay out what the legal recourse is for when a cosmetic procedure goes wrong
- Offer guidance on how to safely choose a cosmetic practitioner.
To read the report, click here or on the image below:
If you have experienced problems following a cosmetic procedure, and believe they are the result of negligence, get in touch with us to see if you have a case for compensation.
0800 634 0285 or request a callback by completing the contact form here.