Lip implant claims
If you have been the victim of negligence when undergoing lip implant surgery, our solicitors are here to help you. By starting a lip implant claim with Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors, we will put you in the best possible position to secure the compensation you deserve for your suffering.
We have a 95% success rate for all the cases we have handled after obtaining medical evidence, and we provide services on a no win, no fee basis. We will do our utmost to ensure that you are able to rebuild your life and focus on your recovery following negligence on the part of a cosmetic surgeon.
What are the signs that my lip implant surgery has gone wrong?
While most lip implant procedures are carried out successfully, there are occasions when the procedure can go wrong. We understand that botched lip filler surgery can cause huge levels of distress for those who are affected, which is why we are on hand with advice if you have suffered due to negligence.
The most common physical issues that are caused by negligence on the part of a cosmetic surgeon carrying out lip filler treatment include:
- Lumps or irregularities in the lips
- Severe swelling and prolonged bruising
- Tissue loss
- Uneven sizing
- Excessive scarring
It is not uncommon for the above physical effects to trigger a negative emotional response, which can lead to:
- Feelings of disappointment that the procedure did not achieve the desired results
- Depression as a result of an unsuccessful lip enhancement
If your practitioner is guilty of negligence, they must be held accountable. If you are worried that you may have received treatment from an unaccredited surgeon, we can offer advice on your next steps.
What steps should I take if I suspect I have suffered complications due to lip implants?
If you suspect you have suffered complications due to a lip implant procedure, you should take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention: first and foremost, consult a healthcare professional for any medical concerns. They can assess your condition and provide necessary treatment.
- Document your experience: start a record of your symptoms and any other relevant details, such as dates and any communication with your surgeon or clinic.
- Gather evidence: photographs of your symptoms, copies of medical records and receipts for any related expenses can all be useful evidence.
- Seek legal advice: if you believe your complications are the result of negligence, consult with a legal professional who specialises in cosmetic surgery negligence. At Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors, we have a team of experts who can provide a free consultation and advise you on whether you have a valid claim.
- File a complaint: if appropriate, you might also want to file a formal complaint with the clinic or surgeon who performed your procedure.
Remember, it is essential to take action as soon as possible if you believe you have been the victim of negligent cosmetic surgery, to ensure your legal rights are protected and you have the best chance of making a successful dermal filler compensation claim.
How long do I have to file a compensation claim for lip implants?
You typically have three years to file a compensation claim for lip implants starting from the date of the negligence, or from when you first became aware of it. This is known as the 'date of knowledge'. However, this time limit can be extended in certain circumstances.
- Minors: if the person who underwent the procedure was under the age of 18 at the time, the three-year limitation period does not begin until their 18th birthday. This means that they have until their 21st birthday to make a claim. This rule is in place to ensure that young people, who may not have the immediate means or capacity to take legal action, have ample time to pursue compensation when they reach adulthood. While it is illegal for under-18s to receive dermal fillers, laws are still set in place to help minors affected to claim compensation.
- Lack of mental capacity: if a person lacks the mental capacity to manage their own affairs and legal proceedings, there is no time limit for making a claim. This rule is applied when someone is incapable of making decisions due to a mental health condition or severe learning difficulties. If the person regains their mental capacity, the three-year time limit begins from the date they regained capacity.
It is also worth noting that in exceptional circumstances, courts may have the discretion to allow claims to proceed even if the three-year time limit has passed. These cases are very much the exception rather than the rule and will generally need to be of a very serious nature or have extenuating circumstances.
As with any legal matter, the interpretation of these exceptions can vary based on individual circumstances and it is always best to seek expert advice. At Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors, we're experienced in handling these complex cases and can provide guidance based on your specific situation.
How long will my lip implant claim take?
Each dermal lip filler case we handle is unique, and so we pride ourselves on providing a bespoke service to each and every one of our clients. Because we tailor our advice to each individual, the timescales involved in each case can vary.
As soon as you start your claim with us, your dedicated solicitor will review the details of your case and offer advice at every step of the way.
For more information on what you can expect when making a lip implant claim with our expert solicitors, click the button below.
What evidence do I need to support my lip implant compensation claim?
In order to support a compensation claim for negligent lip implant procedures, it is essential to gather as much evidence as possible, which may include the following:
- Medical records: these can provide proof of the procedure you underwent and any subsequent complications or treatments.
- Photographic evidence: pictures taken before and after the procedure can help to visually demonstrate the effects of any negligence.
- Witness statements: if there were witnesses to any aspect of your experience, their statements can provide valuable support for your claim.
- Financial documents: these can detail any expenses you've incurred as a result of the negligent procedure, such as further medical costs or loss of earnings.
- Expert reports: in some cases, a medical expert may be engaged to provide a professional opinion on your case, identifying where standards of care were not met.
Each case is unique, and the specific evidence required can vary. Our team will guide you through the process and help you to compile a robust body of evidence.
How much compensation can I expect to receive for complications related to lip implants?
The amount of compensation you may receive for a successful claim will depend on the specifics of your case. This typically includes consideration of the severity of the negligence, the extent of any physical and emotional harm, any ongoing health issues, and the impact on your life and work.
In the UK, compensation for medical negligence claims can range from a few thousand pounds for minor, short-term injuries to tens or even hundreds of thousands of pounds for serious, long-term or permanent injuries.
Financial loss is also taken into account. This can cover the cost of corrective procedures, medical treatments, loss of earnings and any other related costs.
At Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors, we will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the maximum compensation possible for your claim. However, it's crucial to remember that each case is unique, and past compensation amounts don't guarantee future outcomes.
As always, it is best to consult with a legal professional to discuss your individual circumstances and potential compensation.
Can I claim compensation for other related expenses, such as corrective procedures, travel costs and loss of earnings?
Dermal filler compensation typically includes not just an amount for the pain and suffering you have experienced due to your dermal filler injuries, but also 'special damages'. Special damages are designed to compensate for quantifiable financial losses caused by the negligence. These can include:
Corrective procedures: if you require additional treatment or surgery to correct the issues caused by the original procedure, the cost of these can be included in the claim.
Loss of earnings: if you have had to take time off work, or you're unable to work as a result of the negligent treatment, you can claim for loss of earnings.
Travel and accommodation costs: you can also make a dermal filler claim for travel costs related to your corrective treatment, and even accommodation costs if you've had to stay overnight for treatment.
Other expenses: any other reasonable costs you have had to pay as a direct result of the negligent lip fillers procedure can also be included.
Our team at Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors will work with you to identify all the costs you've incurred and include these in your claim to ensure you receive the full amount of compensation you're entitled to.
Why choose our lip implant claims solicitors?
We were the first legal practice to form a specialist department solely focused on cosmetic surgery negligence in England and Wales. Our extensive knowledge in this field has resulted in more than £10 million in compensation claimed on behalf of our clients to date.
With more than 15 years of experience in handling lip implant claims for people who have endured needless suffering due to negligence, we are well-placed to support you through the claims process.
We operate on a no win, no fee basis, so we only take payment if your case is successful. This approach means there is no financial risk involved in making a claim with us.
We are on hand to answer any questions that you may have about the lip implant claims process and we will be here to support you through what can be a stressful experience. We will strive to protect you from that stress, guiding you through the complicated process of gathering evidence and proving that negligence was the cause of your suffering, all the way through to getting the result you deserve.
Contact Us Today
If you have experienced problems following lip implant surgery and think they are the result of negligence, talk to our expert cosmetic surgery negligence team today. Call 0808 271 6219, or request a callback by completing the contact form.