Chin Reduction Surgery (Genioplasty) Compensation Claims
Cosmetic Procedure to Reduce Size of Chin Can Go Badly Wrong
A chin reduction is an invasive cosmetic surgery favoured by women and men to rebalance their facial features. The chin is an important feature of the face in determining a person’s overall facial appearance.
Chin reduction surgery is performed either by reshaping the bone with a burr to produce a smooth contour or by removing a small piece of bone and repositioning the chin. A chin reduction is commonly performed alongside other cosmetic surgeries like brow lifts, cheek implants as well as liposuction.
If you are unhappy with the results of your chin reduction surgery because you feel that the surgeon did not deliver the results that they promised, call us today on 0800 634 0285 or request a call back from one of our dedicated clinical negligence solicitors to talk about how we can help you with your reduction genioplasty gone wrong.
When Surgery to Reduce a Chin Goes Wrong, Make a Claim
If a person’s chin is out of proportion, then they can feel self-conscious and can suffer low self-esteem and become withdrawn. This may explain why some patients undergo a chin reduction surgery.
For women with a prominent chin, which can be construed as masculine, reduction genioplasty is often undertaken to feminize their face. Women patients undergoing chin reduction surgery sometimes feel that other cosmetic surgery like nose jobs or facelifts, have in fact put the focus on their chin to the detriment of their appearance.
Men have a reduction genioplasty to soften their appearance due to the overly large size of their chin or because their chin juts out from their face and they want to bring their chin into alignment with the rest of their face. Some men also chose to have a chin reduction surgery as a part of an overall gender change process.
If you need to make a claim for chin reduction compensation, talk to us on 0800 634 0285 or request a call back from one of our expert cosmetic surgery solicitors to start the clinical negligence compensation claims process.
Chin Reduction Claims at Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors
Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors was established over ten years ago to help patients who’ve suffered cosmetic surgery negligence.
Over that decade we have an outstanding rate of success with 95% of the clinical negligence claims cases we have pursued after obtaining medical evidence being successful. Our clients have been awarded over £2.5 million in compensation when we’ve proved that they’ve been victims of cosmetic surgery gone wrong.
You can depend on the expertise and experience of our committed no win no fee solicitors when you make a plastic surgery negligence compensation claim.
If you think that you are a victim of reduction genioplasty negligence, then talk to us today and follow these four steps to make a claim:
- Call our expert Chin Reduction Claims team on 0800 634 0285
- Ask for a call back at a time that suits you best
- Tell how your chin reduction surgery went wrong and allow our experienced legal team provide you with your claim options
- Our dedicated cosmetic medical negligence solicitors will do the rest
How Chin Reduction Surgery Works
Chin reduction surgery is performed using a general anaesthetic and normally takes up to 3 hours to perform depending on the complexity of the reduction genioplasty surgery. When patients undergo a chin reduction genioplasty, the cosmetic surgeon may perform the chin reduction surgery using two different methods:
- The horizontal chin reduction surgical method reduces the width and height of the chin to make the patient’s chin narrower and shorter. During this cosmetic procedure, the plastic surgeon makes small incisions inside the patient’s mouth and underneath their chin to access the bone. The tip of the chin is removed and resized. It is also reshaped using a surgical burr and then reattached to the chin with wires and metal plates. Then the patient’s muscle and soft tissue are fitted to the shape of the new chin. The incisions are closed with small stitches.
- A vertical chin reduction reduces the length of a patient’s chin to stop it jutting out too far from their face. Again an incision is made inside the patient’s mouth by the chin reduction surgeon. Then the cosmetic surgeon shortens the chin by removing one section of bone from the centre of the patient’s chin. When this part of the bone has been removed, the upper and lower sections of the chin are joined together via a metal plate. The muscle is then shortened to prevent it from becoming slack around the reshaped chin and the incisions closed.
Have you recently undergone a chin reduction cosmetic procedure that has left you in distress?
Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors know exactly how to deal with negligent chin reduction treatments. Call us today on 0800 634 0285 for more information on how you can make a chin reduction surgery compensation claim.
If your Chin Reduction Has Gone Wrong, Make a Claim
Chin reduction genioplasty is an invasive procedure and full recovery time can take up to six weeks when the cosmetic surgery has been successful.
When a chin reduction has not been completed without complications however then the results for the patient can be severely distressing. Symptoms that indicate reduction genioplasty negligence can include the following:
- Loss of sensation in the patient’s lips
- Loss of sensation in the chin point
- Dental damage as a result of the chin reduction
- Asymmetry of the chin
If you’ve been left wishing that you did not have chin reduction surgery because of the negligence of your cosmetic surgeon, then you may be able to make a claim for financial compensation. Speak to Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors today on 0800 634 0285 or request a call back to start your reduction genioplasty claim.
Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors and Successful Compensation Claims
Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors was one of the first specialist plastic surgery negligence law firms set up in England and Wales. We have been dedicated to helping victims of cosmetic surgery negligence for over ten years.
We are now the leading UK cosmetic surgery claims and beauty negligence solicitors and are driven to deliver successful cosmetic compensation for our clients who have suffered unnecessarily due to errors by plastic surgeons or clinics.
If you want to make a successful claim for compensation after having endured chin reduction medical negligence, call Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors on 0800 634 0285 now.