Chemical Peel Compensation Claims
The UK is Burning With Chemical Peel Negligence
A chemical skin peel is one of the oldest anti-ageing treatments and is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. An acid solution is applied to the face to remove dead skin cells from the surface of the skin and promote new cell growth. The regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. Chemical peels can be used to treat acne, liver spots and sun-damaged skin amongst other skin imperfections.
While most chemical peels performed in the UK proceed without any medical issue, there has been an unfortunate rise in the number of cases where chemical peels have gone wrong. And when a bad chemical peel procedure is the result of cosmetic surgery negligence, a successful chemical peel claim for compensation can be made on your behalf.
Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors is the first law firm in England and Wales dedicated to victims of cosmetic surgery negligence. Call Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors today on 0800 634 0285 or request a call back from one of our dedicated Cosmetic Claims team to start your claim for financial compensation.
Chemical Peels Incredibly Popular in the UK
Chemical peels are very popular all over the world; more than one million Americans received chemical peels in 2012, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for example. The UK is no exception to this popularity and chemical peels are a popular procedure in cosmetic surgery clinics across the nation.
Despite the continued popularity of chemical peels in the UK, there has unfortunately been an alarming rise in the number of chemical peel negligence claims. If you’ve recently undergone a chemical peel that you’re unhappy with, you could receive considerable financial compensation.
Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors are a dedicated cosmetic surgery law firm experienced in dealing with chemical peel claims and know exactly what can go wrong with negligent chemical peels. We have succeeded in over 95% of all cosmetic surgery claims cases pursued after obtaining medical evidence and Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors have successfully recovered over £2.5 million in cosmetic surgery compensation for the victims of cosmetic surgery negligence.
Speak to Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors on 0800 634 0285 or request a call back today from our expert legal team to find out the next steps in starting a chemical peel claim for compensation.
How a Chemical Peel Works
There are three different levels of chemical peels commonly available in the UK and they are the following:
- A light chemical peel removes the outer layer of skin using a combination of alphahydroxy acids and beta hydroxy acids, such as glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid and maleic acid. During a light chemical peel, the cosmetic surgeon cleanses the patient’s skin and brushes the chemical solution onto the skin, leaving it on for a few minutes. The chemical peel is then washed off and neutralized. If the treatment is successful the patient’s skin will seem refreshed. The effects of light peels are temporary, so repeated treatment is required to maintain the effect.
- A medium chemical peel removes the skin cells from both the epidermis (outer layer of skin) and the upper part of the dermis (middle layer of skin) using glycolic or trichloroacetic acid. This type of chemical peel treatment is often used to improve age spots, fine lines and wrinkles and moderate skin discolouration. The cosmetic surgeon brushes the chemicals onto the patient’s skin where it is left for a few minutes. The chemicals are then neutralized with a cool saline compress. The procedure takes about 40 minutes and a medium chemical peel treatment is required every six to twelve months to maintain the effect.
- A deep chemical peel penetrates several layers of skin and actually causes a second-degree skin burn. This chemical peel is used only on the patient’s face. Tricholoracetic acid or phenol is sometimes used to remove moderate lines and shallow scars. Having been given a local anaesthetic, the patient’s face is cleansed and then the chemical solution is brushed onto the area after an appropriate time interval. The chemical is neutralized with water and a thick coat of ointment is smoothed over the patient’s skin to prevent dryness. A deep chemical peel may take up to 90 minutes. This type of chemical peel can normally only be performed once but remains popular as it makes the most significant improvement in skin appearance of the three types of chemical peel procedures.
Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors are now seeing an increasing number of chemical peel cases where a negligent chemical peel treatment has left a patient in considerable distress.
We understand precisely what to look for when it comes to chemical peel negligence so to make a claim with us read below for more information.
Claim for Negligent Chemical Peels with Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors
Michael Saul, Head of Cosmetic Claims, and his expert team at Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors, provide the victims of cosmetic surgery gone wrong with expert legal guidance on a No Win No Fee basis. Speak to Michael today if you have suffered a negligent chemical peel, and take these simple steps to make your claim for financial compensation:
- Speak to our experienced chemical peel claims team on 0800 634 0285
- Let us call you back at a time that suits you
- Tell us how your chemical peel went wrong and let our dedicated legal team provide you with your options
- Our experienced plastic surgery negligence solicitors will do the rest
When Your Chemical Peel Has Gone Wrong
Chemical peels are usually safe treatments if performed by someone experienced and qualified, however in a minimally regulated industry like cosmetic surgery, there have been increasing instances of chemical peels gone wrong. If you think that you may have had a bad chemical peel, then the following can indicate your chemical peel has gone wrong:
- Permanent skin damage
- Permanent skin discoloration
- Hyper-pigmentation of the skin
- Inappropriate scarring
If you have these indicators of a chemical peel gone wrong or any other problems relating to a bad chemical peel procedure, then call Cosmetic Solicitors on 0800 634 0285 so you can start a claim for financial compensation.
Talk to Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors Now
Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors are the number one UK law firm in the field of cosmetic surgery negligence and we have helped hundreds of victims of negligent cosmetic surgery.
We understand how distressing it can be when you have suffered a chemical peel gone wrong.
Cosmetic Surgery Solicitors are here to answer any questions you may have about the chemical peels claims process and we can identify the impact caused by the negligence of the chemical peel procedure that you’ve undergone.
Call us today on 0800 634 0285 or request a call back from Michael Saul or one of the Plastic Surgery Claims team and start your claim for financial compensation today.