Case Study – Carol
Carol underwent a series of 8 cosmetic breast operations and suffered numerous problems, resulting in physical and psychological injuries.
We successfully proved that Carol’s treatment had been negligent in the following respects.
- The pectoral muscle was not properly dissected ( to create appropriate pockets for the implants) producing asymmetry with one implant higher than the other
- Carol was left with inappropriate excessive scarring
- Infection was not properly managed
- The surgeon damaged nerves supplying sensation to the back of the arm and chest
- One nipple was lowered rather than raised during a corrective procedure, increasing the asymmetry that was present
Carol received £40,000 in compensation for the physical and psychological injuries suffered and to cover the cost of complex further corrective surgery she required.